Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Jinxes of another nature

In the swollen seasons, you only ever break your own heart.
This is why the pangs of the baby are all long-forgotten.
You may never fully harness that which repeatedly unbridles itself;
that, needless to see, is the desire of a woman, as opposed to the desire for her.
After all, the horses of the occasion are left to fend the rapids.
Neither foalers nor mounts, they.
Let this be the punch to your gullet that I intend.
And a loose scarf eeled out the car window: that, too.
I find it humbling that I’m the same dumb fool-for-love I was 10 years ago.
Some babies are born and born and born and born.
This season swells.
We ain’t found bedrock yet.



It seems the only way I can keep my lines in blogger is to make things tiny. Sorry!

2 comments:

jb said...

this is my favorite poem so far . . .


. . . I did not comment on the ann coulter thing for the same reason i decided not to blog on it. Because she is just one big cry for attention. She tries to make people mad so they will talk about her. I started to blog it, but--well, I decided that I wasn't going to give her my attention. I'm glad that you blogged on her though so I can say a few things. This latest incident of her's proves a couple of things in my mind--

1-she is becoming increasingly irrelevant--not only was she denounced by the republican candidates, but by many republican bloggers as well. even the bigots that think gays and lesbians are children of hell are even getting sick of her cries for attention. her only response to criticism has ever been, "well my book is a best seller, so I'm guessing most people agree with me, so in your face." Yeah, car wrecks on the interstate are best sellers too.

2-she is clinically depressed. If you watch the video closely, right after she makes her slur and the right wingers initial reaction is a surprised gasp (it sounded like a reaction to two teammates colliding during a hockey game or something). Anyway, right after that and before the crowd finally broke out in uncomfortable laughter, Ann looks down and then back up and gets a puzzled look on her face. You can tell she was expecting nothing but delight from her joke. She is losing faith in the people that are losing faith in her. Ann Coulter's ideal world where everyone hates liberals and compares them to Hitler (as she did on her website a few weeks ago) is crumbling. And she probably will need to seek psychological guidance to get through.

brownrabbit said...

But don't you think so much of it is an act? I mean, I can't completely imagine that she behaves like such a hag with her own mother. Yeah, her book's a bestseller b/c she's made a spectacle of herself, I think, not because people agree with her.


But anyway, I wrote that poem on a series of post-its at my desk at work amidst a hundred distractions. I'm trying not to try. 'Cuz when I try, i suck.