Monday, September 8, 2008

coming to you, at last, from NE DC ... and chaos abating

I know I said my hiatus was only to last for the duration of August. I know. However, I've had a handful of internet connectivity issues at my new place and my designated work space is only just now beginning to look like something hospitable enough in which to live -- let alone in which to write.

So, this is just to say that my Project Runway money is on Korto this season.

And, after spending a least 2 hours hanging out with my building's chief internet dude this evening (OK, most of that time was because I locked myself out of my condo and he was immensely patient -- and generous with his cellphone minutes-- while we waited for the locksmith (Mercury damn well better give up this retrograde motion nonsense, and quick!)), I have a powerful and robust signal coming from my brand new wireless booster. And that means I can write more to you soon. Soon!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Congrats on your new place! And my money's on Korto, too, but I'll be satisfied just as long as Suede doesn't win.

brownrabbit said...

Ginger! I win! Joe the Mediocre is gone! However, I think you're right-- Suede's next.

Ginger said...

Oh God, how I crave cable. I settle for Netflix and drive 15 minutes to my parents house to occasionally catch an episode of Project Runway or America's Next Top Model :)

When you spend about 16 hours a day nursing a baby who squirms so much that reading is out of the question, your standards begin to slide. Case in point: I've started downloading Real Housewives of Orange County and episodes of Top Chef that I've already seen at least once. And the quality of the videos is so poor that I can't really tell what's going on. So sad.

Anyhow, I'm glad that Mediocre Joe got the "Ahhoouuuwwwwtt" from Heidi.