Friday, January 2, 2009

fight it... fight it... fiiiiiight it...

Presenting Fuck You, Penguin: a valiant effort from some internet genius to harden our hearts against intensely cute pictures of animals. Honestly, I applaud the both the pure lightbulb energy of this idea and also the worthy attempt here... because seriously--- how many cute puppy email forwards can you get before you just get fed fucking up with their manipulative heart-string tugging, their insipid sleepy faces, that horrifying "aw" sound that escapes your own mouth like so many frogs and snakes, though fight it you will... and you will lose. It's about damn time somebody struck back.

In other words, I get this blog. It speaks to me. And it posts about wombats. Heaven help me. Wombats. We all know how I feel about wombats, don't we? Oh, just look at it.



It has this to say about that:

Spoiled wombats are never satisfied

You know, Wombat, all I do is love you. But is that good enough for you? No, you have to look at wombats in magazines and ask, "Why can't I look like that?" Well, I'm not here to boost your ego, I'm here to have a life with you. SO STOP FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS, WOMBAT. I'm tired of you pretending like you're not standing there with your cute little fat nose and pudgy legs. And what would I want with a fucking attention whore like that anyway? Sure, I was looking, anyone would look. But seriously, Wombat, you're making a scene. You know what? Don't call me any more.


Then then there was the bear. This is quite possibly the most brilliant blog post ever written anywhere, by anyone, at any time since the beginning of this whole weblog universe.

People, please. Tell a photo of a cute animal to go fuck itself today. You'll feel much better for it. Promise.

Oh, and thank you to N. for sending this in my direction.

No comments: