Monday, January 19, 2009

Live from Dupont Circle

Jen, Charlie and I made our first venture forth this afternoon, and what should greet us upon disembarkment in Dupont Circle?



That's right. It was a 30-foot inflatable Dubya with a sardonically elongated, cock-shaped schnoz, all decked out in his hopelessly presumptuous flight suit. Onlookers were invited to throw their shoes at him. Delicious.

In case you can't quite tell, his sign says "Give Bush the Boot!" As though any of us needed to be asked!

Please forgive the shitty cellphone-ishness of this photo. I claim the photography credit for myself, but not proudly. Tomorrow, I'll remember to bring my real camera. Promise.

2 comments:

Jen said...

This photo never fails to crack me up! Not to mention the memory of people felling him with shoes via that giant schnoz!

brownrabbit said...

I just wish I knew who the genius who had him made is. That person deserves a good handshake.