Monday, April 13, 2009

The internet is eating our brains a la #Amazonfail

This post is really just an update to the last one, but this new intrique so very fascinating that I thought it deserved its own little spot on in the sun.

Follow this link to read about a weird internet uproar facilitating tactic this LiveJournal blogger is calling "Bantown." I don't know if that's an official term or what, but it's a very interesting theory.

UPDATE: #Amazonfail is looking increasingly hoax-like. There's this. OK, I will admit that I'll be highly, highly amused if all this mess is nothing but hacker hijinks. If #amazonfail is nothing but a prank after all, wow, I mean, really? Way to hit us where our good little liberal hackles raise, hacker people. The volume of this fracas is not unimpressive.

No comments: