Friday, May 18, 2007

YouTube is for poets, too!

Please note my new link over there on the right for The Continental Review. For those who feel poetry-reading-deprived, now you can watch some of the good ones read their work right from the privacy of your office cubicle or kitchen counter or, if you're feeling particularly fearless about electrocution, your own bathtub! This is a new video poetics online magazine. How exciting, yeah?

In particular, have a look at Joshua Marie Wilkinson's readings. He's got one solo and one pretty great duet reading of 8 poems with Noah Eli Gordon. Really, I just felt like plugging him because I went to grad school with him (even though he had a different name then) and I always respected his work quite a lot.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Joltin' Django said...

I'm "poetry-reading-deprived" ... about like I'm epsom-salt-enema-deprived. Indeed!

Joltin' Django said...

Here's a REAL blog, Curly:

http://nighseencreeder.blogspot.com

brownrabbit said...

a) It wasn't epsom salts-- sheesh-- I'm not trying to poison myself! It was just regular ol' kosher salt.

b) You, my pesky heckler, are not exactly the sort who I'd imagine would enjoy any of the same things that I do. However, I really love poetry... and I really love it when I see my friends doing great things with their work. And many of my friends that do read this blog ARE into poetry, too. But just 'cause I'm into it doesn't mean you have to be. And seeing as I'm disinclined to write anything on my blog that would, actually, interest you, may I ask why you continue to read it?

and c)Though I did take a peek at your blog, I'm the one who's disinclined to be too interested in what you have to say there-- so forgive me if I don't return. There's enough in the mainstream media to get me fired up without purposefully seeking out stuff that's designed to piss off people like me and cajole and massage the folks who agree with you. You're entitled to write whatever you feel like but I'm certainly not obligated to spend time getting depressed, disheartened and frustrated while reading it.

However, if you continue to feel the need to toss out what I assume are intended to be barbs (but, in fact, are rather blunt and flaccid, as far as barbs go) on my blog, I certainly won't stop you. Albeit, they seem nonsensical and unnecessarily adversarial and highly pedantic, but, you know, whatever floats your boat, Joe.

jb said...

this must be one of those infamous people who hide behind maunfactured online identities

I think someone has a crush on you. Probably fancies you as his Ragin' Cajun (carville).

brownrabbit said...

Seeing as I know exactly who this guy is, I'm thinking the chances that he has a crush on me are really rather slim. After all, I'm just another uppity elitist liberal to him.

And I'm fine with that.

jb said...

exactly . . . irresistable . . . ms.dominatrix

brownrabbit said...

Right. You know good and well the opposite is nearer the truth than THAT is!

jb said...

hehe